I am sitting here listening to Jonathan trying to fall asleep for his nap (it sounds like this: aaAAAaaaahhh. oOOooOOooh. WAHHHH! gooooooo. cooooeeeeee) and thought I'd do a little bit of statistical analysis on the Three Monkeys blog. I give myself a margin of error of +/-3, whatever that means. I think it's within the standard deviation, whatever that means. (There's a reason I have two degrees in English instead of statistics.)
Some stats of note:
-In 2007, we posted 127 times to the blog.
-In 2008, we posted 72 times to the blog.
-So far, in 2009 we have posted 20 times to the blog (soon to be 21).
I know these stats are accurate since blogger keeps track of them. What you may find more interesting is the following breakdown:
-In 2007, Mom and Dad posted 18 times. Naomi posted 37 times. Rachel posted 45 times. Megan posted 16 times. And Chris posted 12 times. (You will note that those numbers add up to 128. I was not willing to go back to find my mistake, but feel free to subtract the extra one from me.)
-In 2008, Mom and Dad posted 36 times. Naomi had only 10. Rachel had only 12. Megan rang in with 7, and Chris with 6. (You'll note this tally comes up one short. Feel free to add it back to my count for the one I lost in 2007.) Clearly, Mom and Dad (mostly Mom) kept us afloat in 2008. Incidentally, they are also in the lead for 2009, having contributed eight of our 20 posts. (Naomi's done three, I've done 2 (almost three), and Megan and Chris have done three each.)
Some lessons to be learned here (I guess "extrapolated" would be more appropriate):
1. Chris gets a bad rap. Sure, he has the lowest number of posts, but he's only four behind Megan in '07 and only one behind in '08. So we should stop giving him a bad rap, assuming he keeps up with what he's done in the past. He's off to a good start this year, with all of his posts full of LIES (okay, maybe only one post full of LIES).
2. I decided to give myself lots of reasons for not posting, like moving across the country and having a baby. But there's no excuse. So we should follow Mom (and Dad's) good example and post more often.
3. We were MUCH funnier and generally more interesting in 2007 than in 2008, and our posts had more variety. Lots more "Hey, this is funny/clever/interesting--check it out"-type posts. Megan has set a good example of this already this year with her Dave Barry post. I will continue the trend by directing you to this video, which is REALLY cool and interesting.
So there you have it. Jonathan is really screaming now, so I should be done with my extrapolations. Remember: It's not a competition, but it should be. Start posting!
2 comments:
In partial defense, I post on my own blog. So I for one will continue to give Chris a bad rap.
I also have my own blog that I post on fairly regularly. So I for one renew my call to end Christopher's bad rap.
Post a Comment