I have no explanation as to why I posted the following photos with no narrative. Blame it on the early hour? I don't think so. Oh well. We've enjoyed the peaches from our tree this year more than you can imagine. We also had our first real crop of raspberries and eat them on and with everything we can think of. Wish you were all here to share the joy.
Grandpa's 88th birthday party was a real surprise--it's fun when that happens. I got to hold Jay's identical twin baby granddaughters--aren't they cute?
Yesterday I had the distinct feeling of the passage of summer. In May, when the snow was melted and the promise of spring was close, I couldn't imagine ever wanting fall or winter to come again. But here I am, imagining crisp evenings, fall colors, cozy sweaters, a warming fire to take the chill off in the mornings and holiday family gatherings.
We are feeling very blessed these days. Dad is healing very well and his accident has really caused us to step back and recognize once again what is truly important in our lives. I'm reminded again of the purpose of hard things and I really think they are gifts to us. He looks so much better, but his internal aches and pains are still with him. They always takes longer to heal.
Thanks for your prayers and thoughts--we've felt them.
Happy 10th Anniversary to Naomi and Jarum! Hope you've had a great time in Orlando.
3 comments:
I wish we could come have some of that fruit!! It looks so good. Some friends gave us fresh peaches from their tree--nothing like a fresh peach straight from the source!
Thanks for the anniversary wishes! We really did have a blast!
And I'll take some of that fruit, to go, please. :)
Nice new background, Mom. Very back-to-schooly.
Post a Comment