
Wednesday night's dinner. Another garden delight.

Grandma and Grandpa Tew lived in this Avenues house in Salt Lake early in their marriage. It's practically just down the street from where Megan lives--lived--is almost not living.
Stay tuned for photo's of her new place. The big move is tonight and we're exhausted just thinking about it, so wish us luck. ( we are so excited for Megan)

A photo of my family room taken just moments ago. Notice anything different? No Joan, there is no paint on the wall--
argh! I need a kick in the pants to get me going on that one. HINT: I couldn't abide another holiday season with
sherbet colors in this room. Yup and nope. Yup the sofa and love seat are sporting a new look and nope it's not new furniture. I took Rachel's suggestion and bought slip covers! I actually love them. The room looks so different--a bit shabby chic, don't you think? But most importantly, the holiday decorations will be blended accents and no longer painful contrasts to my home decor. Bring on the crisp cool weather! I'm ready.
3 comments:
The couches look fantastic! Are those Sure-Fit slip covers? I really like them. What a change.
And seriously, just PAINT! I'm sure Joan agrees! :)
Food looks delicious--probably better than anything we've eaten all summer, and you guys eat that way all the time!
We're excited to hear about Megan's new apartment. From what I hear, it boasts an ice maker, a garbage disposal, a dishwasher, and a--wait for it--bathroom fan. That's what my people like to call "movin' on up" (even though vintage is also cool).
I think those look SOOOO good. What a great suggestion Rachel.
Holy cow, stop teasing with the beautiful food pics! For the love!!! LOL
Anyway, I simply love the slipcovers! The whole room looks different. And I still feel responsible for your not having painted your house. If only we hadn't come and lived with you! :p
Post a Comment