"'Ford!' he said, 'there's an infinite number of monkeys outside who want to talk to us about this script for Hamlet they've worked out.'" --Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
Friday, July 25, 2008
Staycation Part II
A view from the trail
Last chance for a pit stop before entering the caves. No thanks.
Then entrance to the cave . We didn't even notice it as we were going up, but caught this on the way down.
A natural sculpture. Too bad about the lack of contrast, because it was stunning with the lone pine behind against the backdrop of the mountain.
Did we mention the rattle snake on the way down. No picture, but the brave ranger directing traffic away from the bushes where it was hiding was my hero.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I remember that hike to Timp Caves being brutal. I went there my freshman year, and one of the guys we hiked with couldn't understand why most of us wanted to take a break, catch our breath, and enjoy the scenery halfway up. That was my first encounter with the sterotypical east coast mentality of never slowing down.
That looks like a pretty cool hike. How do you get there?
I think you go up AF canyon for awhile and then there's a sign. I bet Mom would be able to give you better specifics. :)
Post a Comment