Friday, July 25, 2008

Staycation Finale

Thanks Megan for the chord--now for some more photos of our Timp Caves Trek.
Here we are after our successful ascent. Note Dad's 'damp' shirt. Why do I have a hoody on you might ask? We are just about to enter the dark, damp and chilly caves.


Looking at the photo is not like being there. You might have guessed that. This looks like a huge glob of colored whipped cream or divinity or some other odd sweet. In reality it was magnificent.


Hmm. For some reason one of the downloaded pictures didn't make it. One of me climbing through a very narrow pass. And we all know how much I love narrow anything.
Here I am after coming out of the cave. I have to say, I did better than I had expected. No racing heart, no shortness of breath. Of course Dad was there and so I always felt safe, except when I thought about how the caves were formed and that we were right in the fault line and what if there was an earthquake and........
Dad after popping out. Doesn't he look rugged and handsome and so excited to be having his picture taken?

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Some of my fondest memories of Dad are when he's wearning a "damp" shirt. Classic.