"'Ford!' he said, 'there's an infinite number of monkeys outside who want to talk to us about this script for Hamlet they've worked out.'" --Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
A Challenge
I'm laying down the gauntlet: do Monday's mini-sudoku 1-star puzzle on USA Today's site. Post your score in the comments section. I defy any of you to beat my time.
Boo-yah! Sorry Meg... I will reveal my score once Dad weighs in. (Naomi--you should try the mini-sudoku. It's much less frustrating than the full-size one, yet is still a good time and takes just minutes (or seconds) a day!)
Sorry to take so long on this. I should be looking at the blog more often. I'm chagrined to say that it took me 25 seconds to complete the Sudoku -- I fat-fingered a couple of the responses.
I meant to add that it doesn't seem quite fair to ask for competitors after someone has posted a particularly fast time. Maybe all choose the puzzle to use next time.
Dad--You're right about me picking the contest myself because of my supremely fast time--of 24 seconds! It's actually the fastest ever-recorded time in the Bryson house, the previous record being 28 seconds for a 1-star. Jeremy and I compete daily, and he says I am the queen of the 5-star. Perhaps that should be our next competition, since I am pretty sure that you and/or Megan could probably trounce me, even though I am the queen. :)
6 comments:
I play not the Soduku. For some reason I stink at it. So I concede to your greatness!
*bows*
35 seconds.
Boo-yah! Sorry Meg... I will reveal my score once Dad weighs in. (Naomi--you should try the mini-sudoku. It's much less frustrating than the full-size one, yet is still a good time and takes just minutes (or seconds) a day!)
Sorry to take so long on this. I should be looking at the blog more often. I'm chagrined to say that it took me 25 seconds to complete the Sudoku -- I fat-fingered a couple of the responses.
I meant to add that it doesn't seem quite fair to ask for competitors after someone has posted a particularly fast time. Maybe all choose the puzzle to use next time.
Dad--You're right about me picking the contest myself because of my supremely fast time--of 24 seconds! It's actually the fastest ever-recorded time in the Bryson house, the previous record being 28 seconds for a 1-star. Jeremy and I compete daily, and he says I am the queen of the 5-star. Perhaps that should be our next competition, since I am pretty sure that you and/or Megan could probably trounce me, even though I am the queen. :)
Post a Comment