Jarum and I were watching about five baseball games last night (that's just how he is) and we just started laughing at the random chatter of the announcers. In case some of you are not aware baseball is the kind of sport where there is a lot of down time - time inbetween pitches, time between batters, that sort of thing. Anyway the announcers have to fill it with something so they either talk about stats or they just start chatting. Jarum and I just started noticing how random it can sometimes be and so we started making up our own chatter:
Bob: We're here at the Yankees/Red Socks game...blah blah blah...*time between batters* and so my wife had her colonoscopy today.
Tim: I had one of those last week. Clean as a whistle. The count is 0 and 2.
*later*
Bob: Alex Rodriguez has just been on fire this season. One of the fastest to get to 10 home runs in baseball history....swing and a miss...
Tim: Did you know that A. Rod. had the mumps when he was a kid? Yep. He did. My daughter had them, as well.
Bob: Did she swell up?
Tim: Just a bit. But she got better.
Bob: I never had the mumps, but I hear they're awful.
Tim: They are... HOME RUN!
It's fun. You should try it sometime. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment