I woke up thinking about Sam. Today Dad and I will go to Provo Cemetery and sit for awhile looking up at the snow covered mountains to the east. It's peaceful there. It will be cold, but that's OK because we'll dress warmly. Dad and I will hold hands and remember all of the mixed feelings of that day six years ago. We will think of Rachel, Jeremy, Clara and Jonathan and how they are remembering and celebrating the brief mortal life of the baby boy who has forever impacted our family.
I'm grateful to Sam. Because of him we were faced with the reality of what we believe. Even though we had our collective breath knocked out of us, eternity and its never-ending span of hope and possibilities surrounded us. We were in reverent awe of how Rachel and Jeremy chose to go forward. They comforted everyone who came to offer comfort. They were generous and gracious in every conceivable way to those who surrounded them.
Little Sam has changed lives. His existence has increased our desire to live better, serve more selflessly, and to be worthy of being with him again. I'm grateful for our family and that we love each other. I'm grateful to have a day to celebrate a perfect life.
Happy Birthday Sam. We love you.
1 comment:
Thanks, Mom. You said it all beautifully.
Post a Comment