My fever came back this afternoon, though not quite as high. Nevertheless, we've had to restart the 24 hour countdown before I can reemerge from my sick room. Poor Jonathan! Clara has talked to me from the door a few times today, but I haven't seen Jonathan since Saturday morning.
I've been communicating with Jeremy primarily over the phone, and he called me not long ago to ask whether I'd heard all the crying about an hour ago. I had, so I asked what happened, and this is what he told me:
He had Jonathan and Clara in the tub together, and after about 10 minutes Jonathan proceeded to poop in the tub (something which is happening with increasing regularity lately--ha!). Jeremy took both kids out of the tub and proceeded to scoop the poop out with his bare hands. Jonathan, in the meantime, was still screaming, and Jeremy looked over at him in time to see him poop on the bath mat. Jeremy started laughing, moved Jonathan elsewhere, and scooped up that poop with his bare hands. All of this was done just in time to hear Clara say, "Dad! Dad! Jonathan pooped on my shirt!!" Sure enough, Jonathan had left a final treasure on Clara's shirt, after which he calmed down (poor baby--he probably couldn't figure out why he couldn't just sit still and do his business somewhere!).
All I can say for sure is that Jeremy deserves some sort of prize for taking such good care of our kids over the last couple of days, despite some pretty formidable obstacles.
2 comments:
I just laughed and laughed and laughed. I love it.
There is not a prize good enough for Jeremy. Poor little Jonathan and poor you. I hope today was a better day and that you've been fever free.
Post a Comment