Thursday, October 1, 2009

Hark! Hear the music!

I'll agree that October is a pleasant little month (okay--I love it!) but I think it's long past time to start planning for Christmas. Specifically, I would like to propose that we all start practicing and preparing for A Very Special Christmas Music Extravaganza! (Boo--I with Naomi and Jarum and co. were going to be there too!)

I have taken the liberty of assembling what I think will be a beautiful, fun, and uplifting concert, which will require the joyful participation of all family members. I'll scan and email the music to you this weekend so you can all begin practicing.

Here's the song list, in no particular order:

"O Come, O Come, Emmanuel"--vocal solo by Christopher, with piano and cello accompaniment

"The Twelve Days of Christmas"--a capella vocal trio by Mom, Megan, and Rachel (really we need a fourth woman's voice--again, boo on N&J!--but I think we can pull it off)

"O Holy Night"--vocal solo by Mom (no excuses!), accompanied by Rachel (we could also do this as a duet with Mom and Megan--I have a nice duet version--yes--let's do that)

"Good Christian Men, Rejoice!"--vocal trio by Chris, Dad, and Jeremy (again, no excuses!)

"Infant Holy"--vocal trio by Mom, Megan, and Rachel

"White Christmas"--vocal trio by Mom, Megan, and Rachel

"Silent Night"--cello solo by Megan with piano accompaniment by Rachel

"May We See Him"--vocals and guitar by Rachel

Various and sundry carols, sung by all (including Clara)

That's all I can think of so far! Megan mentioned that she might work up another number or two on the cello, and I will gladly lend my accompanying skillz to anyone else who requires them. So, Dad, if you've been itching for a solo performance, just let me know!

You all know how much I love me some sing-alongs; this is just taking it to the next level.

All feedback is welcome and appreciated. Yay for holidays!

1 comment:

MOM/SUSAN said...

Oh my gosh! I am so excited I don't know what to do with myself. Your plan is perfect, magnificent, simply stunning (for Dad)! I will start warming up the old vocal chords--actually, Megan and I are singing a duet in our Sacrament Meeting sometime in October/November, so we'll be ready. Great idea Rachel. Oh, and I love the monkeys. What do you mean you think you can't compete? Every single one of our grandchildren is practically perfect in every way. It's just a fact.