"'Ford!' he said, 'there's an infinite number of monkeys outside who want to talk to us about this script for Hamlet they've worked out.'" --Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
Monday, March 16, 2009
Favorite Child Status: Concluded
I'm just finishing book 13 of 20 from Patrick O'Brian's Aubrey-Maturin series. If anyone else thinks they have a prayer of being Dad's favorite they'd better get cracking.
I just signed up to leave for a year aboard an exact replica of the ships featured in the series. I will be swabbing decks, mostly, with the occasional baking of weevily bread.
Whatevs. I get my free meals, and my hugs, and I'm gonna call it good. You can't put a name on love like that, all though if you could, it would definitely be Favorite Child Status.
2 comments:
I just signed up to leave for a year aboard an exact replica of the ships featured in the series. I will be swabbing decks, mostly, with the occasional baking of weevily bread.
Take that!
Whatevs. I get my free meals, and my hugs, and I'm gonna call it good. You can't put a name on love like that, all though if you could, it would definitely be Favorite Child Status.
Post a Comment