
It was a happy birthday, wasn't it Chris? (Why didn't we get a photo of you and Diane and the cake? Duh!)

The Sisters. Alice, Grandmother and Suzie.

Gregg and Chris at the Olive Garden. He loved the spaghetti and meatballs.

Aren't we just too cute? Man, are we
chomping at the bit to take these pants out camping. The stuff you could put in those pockets is limited only by one's imagination. Let me just put it this way; we could get lost for days and live on they could hold. No. Seriously. They're that big.
7 comments:
Yes! I can't tell you how the scouting picture warmed my heart. It was everything I was expecting and more! Also, there is no end to question "What has he got in his pocketses, Precious?"
You're never too old to wear cool pants are you? AND the older we get the more important I think these pants could be. We should pass around a petition that everyone should have a pair. I could keep track of my glasses, my dark chocolate, my cell phone, the dog treats, and my hand lotion. Short term memory wouldn't be such a problem. You guys look fab.
Those pants are pretty dang cool. I wish I had me a pair... I would camp in them for sure.
You know what they say: the couple that dresses in matching unis together...
Also, those pants distracted me from adding, "Nice neckerchiefs" and "Nice choice on the Funfetti, Chris."
Jeremy and I were just examining your scouting pic in full detail and noticed several things:
1. Why does Dad have special knot badges above his pocket, whilst Mom has nothing?
2. Why are the sleeves so long? (Answer: all the better to fit more patches!)
3. Are those zip-away pants!!! Awesome! No wonder they cost so much! (No: no wonder they're worth so much.)
About the braided patches, when we were picking out the general patches that every one gets, our helper asked Dad (yup, it's a question that still gets asked) if he was an Eagle Scout. When he responded in the negative, she looked a little taken-a-back, then asked him if he got ANY scout awards. So, those are his earned scout awards as a youth. Order of the arrow and Duty to God . So, that's why I don't have any--never was a scout in my youth. Yes the sleeves are SO long and at first bugged me, but everyone was commenting on the great pockets. Apparently, we are the first leaders in the ward to have the newly updated uniforms. We've always been so 'cutting edge' as you know. As far as the zip-away pants go, they are great in theory, and while Dad looks pretty spiffy when they are zipped away, I look quite like the skinny camp counselor in the original "Parent Trap" because of my boney knees.
By the way, I have the exact same patches on my left sleeve as Dad does. You just can't see them in the photo.
Post a Comment