Friday, November 18, 2011

We spent part of a day going on a tour of the Piedras Blanchas Light House. I learned all sorts of things. For example, light houses are no longer needed for obvious reasons. GPS has done away with such dangers as foggy nights and ragged shorelines.

BLM owns this land which has been enlarged by a generous donation from the Hearst family. This light house is in the process of being restored. I loved the spiral staircase and the grounds.

It was cold that day.
The beautiful path along the coastal edge of the park.
It was a wonderful week. They say you can never go back again, and that may be true, but even if some things have changed, the memories are vivid and warm and happy.
We were the luckiest family to be able to come here so often. Who knows, maybe all of you will bring your own families to Cambria one day. If you do, trust us. You will hear the whisperings and they will make you smile.


4 comments:

Rachel said...

I recognize those stairs! Isn't that the scene of our relay race where Naomi biffed it in the sand? Or was that Chris? Or both? Did Chris cry about something? We need to watch that video again.

MOM/SUSAN said...

Yes. Those are the very stairs, only the bottom part have been buried in sand over the years. I challenged Dad to a race, just for old time's sake, but he didn't take me up on it. Probably because he knew I'd win:]

Unknown said...

Looks like a wonderful time. Pretty pictures!

Unknown said...

Unknown is Melanie, by the way