

Dad, Megan and I ran/walked in the 5K Rex Lee Run on Saturday.
It has become a tradition we really look forward to each year.
Only, this year none of us were really looking forward to it.
Call it the end of winter blues, or allowing ourselves to get sort of out of shape.
Whatever the reason we came so close to not participating this year.
But we girded up our loins and managed to find fresh courage
and we did it!
It was fun, honestly. There's something about being in the middle
of hundreds of eager running enthusiasts that sort of pumps one up.
There were even two crazy young guys dressed up in Chinese Sumo
wrestling costume. All I could think when I passed them up was,
"Wow, they are going to have serious chaffing issues when they cross
that finish line."
So there you go. Don't we look all flushy and happy? The photos were
taken after the race--my only regret? Sure do wish I'd taken off those
sun glasses before the camera flashed.
Oh, and Dad came in 2nd in his division after saying he was
certain he hadn't done very well. So convinced was he, that we didn't even
stay long enough for him to have received his medal.
2 comments:
Wow, that's probably in the top 3 least flattering photos of me. How's that for a comment? :P LOVE YOU!
(This is Rachel)
At least we know what to do in order to get a comment out of Megan! Holla!
Post a Comment