Saturday, June 26, 2010

A Saturday morning memory

"Come on Chris, we have to be at the church in 10 minutes! I know you're tired--maybe you shouldn't have stayed up so late...." "Megan, hurry up, we'll be late! I know, it's too early (6:50 am), and I know it's your only day to sleep in (early morning seminary), but it's only once every other month. Come on, it won't be so bad."

This morning was our turn to help with the cleaning of our church building. Not many of those assigned were there, but there was a young family, well , part of a young family and they worked SO hard. It took us two hours, but let me tell you that during that two hours I kept hearing the voices of my younger kids.

And I missed them.

Family time working together is always good times. It's just how it is. It's just how it's supposed to be.

2 comments:

Chris said...

As much as I recall those memories with tender fondness, I'm not at all sad I wasn't there this morning having to clean :)

Rachel said...

Good times. I cannot imagine either Megan or Chris being reluctant for an early morning church clean! So much has changed... :)