Sunday, December 14, 2008

Thre Bryson's visit

We loved having Rachel, Jeremy and Clara visit for several days. Although the circumstances were not ideal (Rachel getting strep throat really put a damper on things for a few days), it was a real unexpected bonus having them here.

Jeremy was ever patient and rolled with the punches. He gets the award for endurance.

Sweet Jonathan was practically perfect. But look at him! He's so 'robust' that he really doesn't need to fuss much except when he's hungry. Yummy creamy milkies!
Clara delighted us almost every minute of the day. She loved all things Christmas, but seemed to be partial to 'baby Jesus, Mary and Joseph. And anything bright and shiny, like Christmas lights--WOW!
Rachel plodded along and in spite of feeling pretty crummy for several days, never took a break from being a wonderful mom. Just look at those faces. Lucky, lucky children!
Yup, it was a good time had by all. I freely admit that I cried like a baby when they left. As Rachel said, "I wish we lived closer". I agree. Who knows, maybe one day it will happen. In the mean time, Dad and I are grateful to be able to visit with all of you often.

Thanks Rachel and Jeremy. Thanks for coming and thanks for being safely back home. Thanks for being wonderful.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I think this post really captures our trip, since in 75 percent of the pictures we all look really rag-a-muffin-y. :)

We had a wonderful trip, all things considered. Clara just loves Grammy and Grandpa and has not stopped talking of you both since we returned home. Plus, how great is it to be able to start Christmas at the most Christmas-y house in the world? Thanks for being ideal parents/grandparents. We love you!

Chris said...

our family is not very good at spelling.