Thursday, June 12, 2014

Duh.

Two weeks ago I opened a packet of carrot seeds we picked up at Cook's nursery. I staked out the row, so I wouldn't forget where it was (because dirt is dirt and seeds are tiny invisable things when that dirt covers them up). Well, I walked away and completely forgot about those little carrots seeds. Yesterday, while assessing my garden's progress, I saw those little stakes from two weeks ago and BOOM! I realized I'd forgotten to water that slender row of dirt For two weeks. Ugh! Growing a garden and having it actually produce anything, is a tiny miracle in and of itself. I'm watering that strip of dirt every day now and hoping for another tiny miracle.

1 comment:

Chris said...

We had a bunch of melon and squash seeds that we planted and didnt water for at least a month this year and they all actually came up. We planted them and decided they weren't going to make it because it was too hot so we tried to grow some starts to put in the ground. After a few weeks when the starts were big enough to plant we put them in the ground and ran drip line to each. All but 2 of the starts died, but probably 10 seeds started growing once they got that water.

Don't give up!