Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Flash From The Past

WELTON'S FORMULA FOR HAPPINESS
(OR, SEE MOM SMILE BIG!)
 Naomi
  1. Family Room-dust, straighten, vacuum, garbage.
  2. Bedroom-straighten daily, deep clean weekly, garbage, dresser (mirror), desk dust, vacuum.
  3. Dishes upon request with a CHEERFUL attitude!
 Rachel
  1. Bathroom downstairs (since it's yours), garbage, toilet (top to bottom, so to speak), mirror, floor, sink, window sill.
  2. Bedroom-straighten daily, deep clean weekly, bookcase, dresser, desk, bed, garbage (alternate with Megan), vacuum (alternate with Megan).
  3. Dishes upon request with a CHEERFUL attitude.
  4. Living Room/Dining Room-straighten, dust, vacuum, wipe window sills.

Megan

  1. Bathroom upstairs (yes, you CAN do it), garbage, toilet (top to bottom), mirror, vacuum, sink, tub, window sill.
  2. Bedroom-straighten daily, deep clean weekly, dresser, closet, bed, garbage and vacuuming (see Rachel above).
  3. Dishes-upon request with a CHEERFUL attitude.
Chris
  1. Bedroom-straighten daily, deep clean weekly, desk, bookcase, dresser, closet, garbage, bed (on top and underneath).
  2. Feed Woody in the morning.
  3. Sweep front porch every other day and knock down cobwebs around door and walls on porch.
  4. Kitchen garbage upon request.
EVERYONE (CHEERFULLY, WITH A HUGE GRATEFUL SMILE!)
  
  • Woody-walk, scoop poop, brush.
  • Lawns and sweeping (blowing) upon request. 

Does it seem that Naomi got off easy, or is it just my imagination? I'm wondering if she was working at O'Connor Woods at the time? (Wish I would have dated this amazing document!)
 
 

4 comments:

Megan said...

Hahahahaha I remember this document and it's subsequent iterations.

You're the best, Momma Sue!

Chris said...

I have no memory of this list. Mine seems to have grown from that point. I think it said "Chris, do literally everything for your sisters so long as they pay you in old gross candy. and yard work."

Megan said...

I don't remember paying you at all. Just whining until Mom made you do what we wanted you to do. Like a boss. I think the most recent time this happened may have been Christmas 2013.

Love you, Brother!

Rachel said...

I think Naomi got off super easy. No toilets?? And no dishes for Chris?

I'm sure I did all of those things and many more with the worlds most cheerful heart.