Sunday, September 22, 2013

For Narnia!

No one has posted on this blog since June 10!!??! It is not to be borne!

Time to step up, people! This blog used to be such a fun place to share stories and pictures and stay in touch. I reproach you all betimes with sharpness right now! Let's get back into this! I think blogging on occasion is the perfect accompaniment to Christopher's "October Insta-extravaganza" or whatever he called it.

So, I will get the ball rolling with a story. We have been reading The Chronicles of Narnia to the kids. We started with The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe, which was an immense hit. Much to Dad's dismay, we then went "out of order" and read The Magician's Nephew, then The Horse and His Boy, and now we're about halfway through Prince Caspian.

Earlier tonight, I was downstairs and Jeremy was reading them their nightly chapter. Suddenly, I heard all of this jumping and screaming. I though for sure someone had fallen off the bunk bed or something, but as it turns out it was just a really strong reaction (by Clara) to something very significant in the book: Aslan is back!! Evidently, this was so wonderful to Clara that she screamed, jumped up and down, grabbed the book, and started kissing it. She seriously (seriously) loves Aslan.

After dinner today, the kids went out to play in the backyard. A large poplar branch fell from our neighbor's yard into ours, and Jonathan and Clara have really enjoyed playing with it. This evening, they each got a large piece of it and starting running around the yard with them, yelling. We didn't know quite what they were playing at, until Clara said "For Narnia!" When they came inside, Clara told me that they are hiding their "weapons" throughout the yard so they can defend Narnia when the occasion arises.



Those, my friends, are some good books.

1 comment:

Megan said...

This is Lit'rally the most heartwarming thing I've read in awhile.