"'Ford!' he said, 'there's an infinite number of monkeys outside who want to talk to us about this script for Hamlet they've worked out.'" --Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
Friday, May 25, 2012
Happy Birthday, Dad!
For those of you who don't know, I have the best Dad in the entire universe!
(Of course, I share him with three other siblings, but, whatever.)
Here are some of the things that make my Dad wonderful:
He always came to our activities, usually straight from work, even though I know now, as a parent, that he probably really wanted to just be at home in bed.
He has the best laugh. Especially when he gets going so hard that it turns into a wheezing, silent laugh. It's hysterical. If you can get him to laugh like that sometime, you really should. Hysterical.
He's absolutely brilliant, and has passed on his passion for life-long learning to the rest of his kids, and even to some of his grandkids. (Reading computer books by the pool. That's all I'm saying).
He has a tender heart.
He loves playing trains with his grandkids.
He has written some of the most lovely letters I have ever received.
He honors his Priesthood.
He's a hard worker.
He makes the coolest grass circles with his lawn mower in the back yard!
He has a very kissable forehead.
His cooking is phenomenal!
He loves my mom.
Facial hair.
Happy Birthday, Dad. I really love you. Thanks for being so fantastic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Thanks for the kind words, even if they weren't all merited.
Psh.
Post a Comment