Today is Sam's birthday. He would have been eight. I sat with him at the cemetery for a long time. Megan had been there and had left the sweetest bouquet of flowers. They smelled so nice and made me long for spring. I gathered tiny pine cones and placed them along the bottom right hand corner of his head stone. They looked like they belonged and they smelled nice too.
It was bright and shinny today and the mountains were inspiring. I ran my hand over Sam's name and over Rachel and Jeremy's names and I cried. I wasn't sad, well not too sad, so I was surprised by the tears, but I just let them fall. It felt good to cry and to touch his name and to just sit and be grateful for what I know.
Sam still lives and he loves his Mom and Dad very much. He loves Clara and Jonathan and Cole. He is a very real part of our family and we'll see him again.
I truly know this.
So, thank you Sam for being with me for a little while in the sun. Thank you for reminding me that I need to keep trying to be good and valiant and true. Thank you for being a link to the most important thing in life.
Our forever family.
We love you so much!I truly know this.
So, thank you Sam for being with me for a little while in the sun. Thank you for reminding me that I need to keep trying to be good and valiant and true. Thank you for being a link to the most important thing in life.
Our forever family.
1 comment:
Thanks, Mom. We had a sweet day too, and we're so grateful for everyone who remembers our sweet boy. I love you!
Post a Comment