Monday, April 4, 2011

Spring?


A bit of a transformation in the dining room.
Now we can play, eat and read without even leaving the room.


I put these in the wrong order--again--but the photo below was Dad grilling after Conference. The photo above was, and I'm not making this up, just five minutes later. A typical schizophrenic Conference weekend. Snow, sun, snow, sun, snow, sun.

The rest of the photos were taken right after I got up yesterday. If you watched conference from some distant place, you will remember how beautiful Temple square looked on Saturday and how different it looked Sunday.
I promise, if it hadn't been for the spiritual feasting yesterday I would have been
a bit depressed.
Did I mention that our apricot tree is covered with blossoms--and ice?
So sad.
But as my friend Joan said on her pictorial blog this morning, it was beautiful.

4 comments:

Chris said...

This is completely unreal to me! I was sad I wasn't around to spend the conference weekend with family, but after seeing all that snow I remembered families are forever and that I'll have plenty of warmer months in the future to come visit.

MOM/SUSAN said...

Well said Chris and just so you know, you are officially my favorite child. I KNOW that you all looked at this blog and yet, only the favored son took the time to COMMENT!

I LIVE FOR COMMENTS!

Rachel said...

While I also think Chris may be totally deserving of being the favorite child, I'm not sure whether that distinction should be based on blog comments. I think the facts speak for themselves:

In the last 20 posts by Mom, here is a brief statistical analysis of comments:

Naomi has left 5 comments.
Megan has left 3 comments.
Chris has left 4 comments.
Rachel has left 17 comments.

Clearly, I don't have a perfect record, but let's all chew on those numbers for awhile.

MOM/SUSAN said...

I'm chewing. My only defense is my failing memory. I stand corrected and am feeling repentant and must be perfectly honest. I was being, perhaps, a bit passive-aggressive (Megan's favorite Mom label). The truth is, I am completely and forever, totally smitten and in love with each one of you.