"In many cookbooks there are pictures of the perfect dishes that recipes make--the fullness of the joy of cooking. These pictures are important because they help us envision the outcome if we strictly follow the directions as given in the recipe. When we think of eternal life, what is the picture that comes to mind? I believe that if we could create in our minds a clear and true picture of eternal life, we would start behaving differently. We would not need to be prodded to do the many things involved with enduring to the end, like doing our home teaching or visiting teaching, attending our meetings, going to the temple living moral lives, saying our prayers, or reading the scriptures. We would want to do all these things and more because we realize they will prepare us to go somewhere we yearn to go."
(The above photo is of Dad's famous smoked polenta and roasted red peppers. If you haven't tasted it, well, it's utterly wonderful! Just looking at the photo makes my mouth water and I didn't even like polenta until I tasted his.)
3 comments:
My goodness I wish I got great food when I don't feel well. I'd pretend to be sick all the time. I wish for your speedy recovery though, as it is never fun to be sick....good food or no.
I hope there's not too direct of a correlation between what we end up with on the table and what eternity will be like, because if there is then you guys will be enjoying polenta heaven, whilst we will be in macaroni and cheese heaven.
Otherwise, it is definitely good food for thought...
Post a Comment