It's Monday morning, the sun is shining, there is a big blue sky and normal life is beginning anew.
What a grand Christmas we've all had.
Rachel, Jeremy, Clara and Bug are safely back home and hopefully warmer this morning.
Naomi's children are back in school so she and Joshua can hang out together again, just the two of them.
Megan is back at work. Her tree has been taken down and packed away for another year and she must be dreaming of what she can make next in her new mixer.
Chris is beginning his LAST semester at the Y and hopefully taking care of my quilting frames (thanks, by the way). He's apparently enjoying his new kitchen toys. His roommates are lucky guys.
Dad is in basement bliss, in front of his work computer. Too much vacation time away from work is what he's decided. Maybe next year, he'll just take a week off.
I'm working around the house, putting Christmas away and hearing echos of laughter, children's footsteps and beautiful Christmas music being sung.
It was a great Christmas. It was a very good 2009. It is always bitter/sweet looking back on all of the wonder of the previous year. Life's experiences are always growth promoting, though sometimes painful, but most often breath taking. I feel grateful that I didn't spend any time in a hospital, that none of my parts gave out or threatened to. I'm grateful that Dad's cycling accident wasn't worse because it could have so easily been much worse. I'm grateful that Dad is working at home, that we live where we live, have such a wonderful and inspiring family and that winter won't last forever. I'm grateful for my neighborhood family and for our nursery children, most of whom are now in primary, but who still give us huge smiles and tender hugs when they see us. I'm grateful for metal sheeting and my photo wall--it makes me smile. I'm grateful for my muse sisters and being able to meet monthly, read good books and share our lives with each other. I'm grateful for being able to look out at our grow boxes, barely visible above the snow, knowing that in just months we'll be digging, planting and harvesting delicious miracles. I'm grateful for being able to serve in the Temple--I love it. I love and am inspired by the women who work with me. I am grateful for music and that I've come to terms with my changing voice. I have loved singing in various groups; with Megan, for Stake Conference and the ward choir. I have loved my gospel study. I have loved reading the conference talks and the Old Testament with Paul every night. Many truths have been made clear to me as I've spent time in the scriptures. I'm grateful for having been able to see parts of this beautiful country with various configurations of family. I am grateful to have rediscovered the joy of camping and plan to do a lot more of it this summer. I am so grateful to live close to our parents and to be able to spend time with them. I'm grateful for time spent with my sister and brothers.
2010. A new year, a new decade (unless you're a purist and don't think the new decade begins until 2011), full of all sorts of possibilities. I love the feelings of determination and good will when I know I can start fresh. I realize however, that this isn't just possible at the beginning of a new year, but also as I accept each new day as holding the same potential for beginning again. Through the Atonement our days can be filled with fresh starts. I believe it's the greatest gift we've been given.
Happy New Year! May it be filled with good things, happy days, rich experiences and determination to be more of who we are meant to be.
3 comments:
I am grateful to have read such a beautiful post. Thanks for that.
It was a great Christmas and a great year. And I hadn't realized that you have had an entire year of health. Way to go! :)
I love you all!
Can I just reiterate what you have said....amen.
Post a Comment