"'Ford!' he said, 'there's an infinite number of monkeys outside who want to talk to us about this script for Hamlet they've worked out.'" --Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
The garden that just keeps giving
This is what I found when I got back from Coeur D'Alene. The tomato plants are so heavy with fruit they keep falling over. The one in the front buried half of my bush beans--oh well.
The funny thing about tomatoes this year is they seem in no hurry to turn red. I'm torn between relief and dread. Relief that I don't have bushels of ripe tomatoes to worry about and dread that the frosts will come and kill them off before I have a chance to do anything with them.
Our very first raspberry season. Not very many berries this year, just enough for some delicious ice cream and cereal topping. Just wait until next year!
Obviously not from the garden. Chris and Megan hamming it up after Chris' first Men's Chorus concert. It was truly wonderful. Lucky, lucky Chris.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow--I can't believe your garden! How amazing that so much can happen in such a short time. I helped dad plant that in...when was it, early June??...and now look at it! I hope you've done some harvesting--it looks so full, as if nothing had been gobbled!
Post a Comment